February 09, 2006

Movies


Going to see a movie this Saturday: Why We Fight. Looks interesting. Might just be a reinforcement of my cynical perspectives of the current US administration's priorities. But it looks well made and it should be informative. I'll post a review after I see it.

Another movie that looks interesting is One, which is an independant film put together by a group of guys who basically woke up one morning and decided to make a film of themselves asking people on the street questions about the meaning of life. According to one review, they are actually reading the camera's manual while filming the movie. Apparently, after a few of these interviews and then had the idea that they might ask some well-known people as well as the average person on the street. For example, Robert Thurman (Uma's dad), Deepak Chopra, Thich Nhat Hanh, and Ram Dass. A friend of mine recommended it. I'll have to wait 'till it comes out on DVD though, if it does, 'cause I've missed the theater run in my area, and my wife isn't really interested in seeing it anyway.

Hopefully "One" will be a lot better than "What the bleep do we know," which I thought was just a bunch of dumb warm fuzzy new age ideas duct-taped onto some of the wildest (but interesting) guesses in recent theoretical physics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home