April 05, 2006

Me, political campaign worker

I've volunteered to do some work for Darcy Burner's campaign for Congress. I think Darcy's a really good candidate. She's smart and energetic, and her heart's in the right place. I think the worst that could be said about her is that she's young. She's also a strong supporter of alternative energy research, which is an issue close to my heart. And I'd really like for someone to represent my interests, instead of just basically toeing the Republican party line, which is all my current House representative has done.

Darcy was moved to run for Congress because she strongly disagrees with the policies our government has been implementing over the past six years, and she felt she needed to do something about it. I wonder how many other smart and energetic young people are getting involved in politics right now simply because the current government has so thoroughly demonstrated their incompetence and corruption.

I mean, how many intelligent young people say "politician" when asked what they want to do with their lives? Most smart people I know want to stay as far away from politics as possible. But if smart and ethical people don't get involved with politics, what do we end up with? Lets see, there's gotta be an example around here somewhere...

Everything is interrelated. I've been pretty upset by the political climate over the past six years. But maybe all the wrong steps we've taken will inspire that many more smart, ethical, and progressive people to get involved with US politics. Maybe the world will, eventually, be a better place for having endured this long night.

3 Comments:

At September 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://ioxnyqwr.com/zbsj/kpao.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://hbxdhpwy.com/sddk/xcqo.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At September 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At September 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://ioxnyqwr.com/zbsj/kpao.html | http://dikscvuq.com/pwks/dbdw.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home